Sony FE 50mm f/1.2 GM Lens
- Brand Name: Sony
- Condition: New (Factory Sealed)
- Stock: Available
- Shipping: Free
- Manufacturer Warranty: Full
- Tax: Included
- Bulk Purchase: Allowed
- A very fast standard prime lens for Sony Alpha full-frame and APS-C mirrorless cameras.
- Part of the G Master series, Sony’s top tier of lenses, with exceptional optical performance and build quality.
- Featuring a bright maximum aperture of f/1.2, which enables shallow depth of field, smooth bokeh and low-light shooting.
- Comprised of 14 elements arranged in 10 groups, including three extreme aspherical (XA) elements and one extra-low dispersion (ED) element.
- Featuring a Nano AR II coating to minimize internal reflections and reduce flare and ghosting.
- It delivers outstanding image quality, with superb sharpness, contrast and colour across the frame and throughout the aperture range.
- It has very low levels of chromatic aberrations, distortion and vignetting, thanks to the optical design and in-camera corrections.
- It produces smooth and pleasing bokeh, thanks to the f/1.2 aperture and the 11-blade circular diaphragm.
- It has good resistance to flare and ghosting, thanks to the Nano AR II coating and the lens hood.
- It has a high standard of build quality, fully living up to the G Master designation that Sony have given it.
- It is relatively light and compact for a 50mm f/1.2 lens, weighing 778g and measuring 108mm in length.
- It is weather sealed, with a metal lens mount and a rubber seal around the mount.
- It comes with a petal lens hood that bayonets firmly into position.
- It offers fast and quiet autofocus, with four extreme dynamic (XD) linear motors and a responsive manual focus ring.
- The 72mm filter thread does not rotate on focus, which is convenient for using polarizers and graduated filters.
- Manual focusing is possible in a focus-by-wire fashion, with a linear response focusing ring that provides fine control.
- It has two customizable focus hold buttons, an aperture ring with click on/off switch, and a silent aperture control.