Canon EOS 2000D Kit (EF-S 18-55mm DC III)
- Brand Name: Canon
- Condition: New (Factory Sealed)
- Stock: Available
- Shipping: Free
- Manufacturer Warranty: Full
- Tax: Included
- Bulk Purchase: Allowed
- An entry-level DSLR camera with an 18-55mm kit lens for beginners and hobbyists.
- Featuring a 24.1-megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor, which is a significant upgrade from the 18-megapixel sensor of its predecessor, the EOS 1300D.
- Featuring a Digic 4+ processor, which enables Full HD video recording at 30fps, 3fps continuous shooting and a standard ISO range of 100-6400 (expandable to 12800).
- Featuring a 9-point AF system with one cross-type point in the centre, which provides fast and accurate autofocus in most situations.
- Featuring a built-in Wi-Fi with NFC pairing for wirelessly transferring images to a mobile device for sharing, as well as remotely controlling the camera from a smartphone or tablet.
- It delivers good image quality, with decent sharpness, contrast and colour across the frame and throughout the aperture range.
- It has low levels of noise up to ISO 800, with some noise appearing at ISO 1600 and higher. The highest settings of ISO 6400 and 12800 should be avoided if possible.
- It produces smooth and natural-looking videos, thanks to the Full HD resolution and the Scene Intelligent Auto mode that adjusts the settings automatically.
- It has good dynamic range and exposure metering, but it lacks features such as HDR mode or RAW format that would allow more flexibility in post-processing.
- It has a solid and durable build quality, with a carbon fibre polycarbonate body that feels reasonably sturdy and well made.
- It is relatively compact and lightweight for a DSLR camera, weighing 475g (body only) and measuring 129 x 101.3 x 77.6mm.
- It is not weather sealed, so it should be protected from dust and moisture.
- It comes with a petal lens hood that reduces flare and ghosting.
- It offers an optical viewfinder that displays 95% of the scene, which is useful for composing shots in bright light or when using long lenses.
- It has a 3-inch LCD screen with 920k dots of resolution, which is clear and bright but not touch-sensitive or tilting.
- It has a simple and intuitive interface, with dedicated buttons for ISO and white balance, a Q button for quick access to other settings, and a mode dial for switching between exposure modes.
- It has a 500-shot battery life, which is average for its class.